The Science Collaborative is currently soliciting proposals for one-year collaborative science catalyst grants. Catalyst grants support activities that advance collaborative science by: facilitating the development of new, collaborative science ideas; amplifying or enhancing existing collaborative research; or synthesizing NERRS System Wide Monitoring Program (SWMP) data for a regional or national application. All proposals must adopt an end user driven approach and meet a reserve management need. Applicants may draw on both the social sciences and physical/natural sciences to meet the goals of this RFP.
The Science Collaborative is interested in funding a variety of catalyst projects with awards ranging between $75,000 and $250,000 for these one-year projects. Budgets of $250,000 are expected to be most appropriate for multi-reserve projects.
2018 Collaborative Science Catalyst Request for Proposals (updated 1/16/18)
The application is a two-step process:
- Mandatory letters of intent are due by 11:59pm EST on December 8, 2017.
- Proposals are due by 11:59pm EST on February 21, 2018.
Both letters and proposals should be uploaded through the application system using the "Apply Now" button below.
RFP Question & Answer
- 2018 Collaborative Science Catalyst RFP Q&A Record (PDF) - last updated 2/08/18
References and Templates for Proposals
- Timeline template
- Budget template
- Data Sharing Plan template
- Data Sharing Plan example
- 2018 Collaborative Science Catalyst RFP review process
- 2018 Reserve Management Needs
Proposal Development Resources
- Characterizing end users – A tool for collaborative projects (docx)
- Characterizing end users and stakeholders – A tool for integrated assessments (docx)
- Engaging end users webinar summary – Working iteratively to produce usable science (PDF)
- Reflections on engaging end users – A tool with key considerations for engaging end users (docx)
- Integrated Assessment resources
Questions about this funding opportunity can be directed to:
Phone: Maeghan Brass (734-763-0727), Lynn Vaccaro (734-763-0056)