The Student Sustainability Initiative (SSI) is a resource to support you in your sustainability-related efforts. Our mission is to foster a culture of environmental sustainability and awareness at the University of Michigan by supporting student initiatives, projects, programs, and events—all with the goal of advancing sustainability on campus.
SSI isn’t a club or member organization — rather, we’re a small group of students who work closely with the Graham Sustainability Institute, the Office of Campus Sustainability, Student Life, and the many student organizations on campus to advance sustainability. To that end, we’re here to connect you with the hundreds of sustainability organizations and initiatives underway at UM.
WHAT WE DO
- Help you get involved by curating a calendar of campus sustainability events and sending a biweekly newsletter.
- Offer funding (in the form of grants) for great sustainability-related student ideas.
- Connect you with the sustainability-focused student orgs that best match your passions.
We want to hear from you! Email us anytime (email@example.com).
The Student Sustainability Initiative and representatives from other campus sustainability groups including the Planet Blue Student Leaders, UM Sustainable Food Program, Climate Action Movement, Students for Clean Energy, and Epsilon Eta are excited to announce our transformation into the Student Sustainability Coalition (SSC), an institutionalized student organizational hub on sustainability. What’s different?
- Newly defined leadership roles for students
- Dedication to coalition building and facilitating collaboration
- A clear focus on building a common agenda related to sustainability and climate action
- Increased staff support
Want to be a part of this exciting transition? SSC is currently recruiting U-M students passionate about the environment and sustainability for part-time, paid leadership positions for the 2020-2021 school year. Here is the Job Description as well as an Application Form, which we will be accepting until Sunday, May 10th by 11:59pm.