Besides the coursework, scholars participate in a variety of activities together outside of class, including:
- Fall Retreat: Please reserve this on your calendar: the last Tuesday and Wednesday of August.
- Participation in the Graham Scholars Program officially begins with the Fall Retreat and all junior scholars are expected to attend. The agenda is packed with discussion, outdoor activities and team-building among the cohort, including a vegetarian dinner cook-off competition (photo from the competition, right).
See: What to pack.
- Optional Winter Retreat: All junior and senior Scholars are welcome to attend a winter retreat. Groups gravitate to the U-M Biological Station year after year.
- Learn From Sustainability Professors and Practitioners: Throughout the academic year, scholars are invited to talk with and learn from sustainability leaders in the area through informal discussions.
- Summer Internships: Many Scholars take advantage of summer internships - opportunities are posted on social media.
- Workshops, community, and social events: Scholars also organize Ann Arbor community events, support each other's sustainability initiatives, get together for dinner and go to movies.
- Connect on Social Media: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook