Besides the coursework, scholars participate in a variety of activities together outside of class, including:
- Fall Retreat: Participation in the Graham Scholars Program officially begins with a sustainability leadership and systems thinking orientation retreat each August.
- Optional Winter Retreat: All Scholars also have the option to attend a winter skiing retreat at the U-M Biological Station.
- Learn From Sustainability Practitioners: Throughout the academic year, scholars are invited to talk with and learn from sustainability leaders in the area through informal discussions.
- Engage with Graduate Students: Through events and small group discussions
- Dinner & Documentary Nights: Each month during the winter semester, the Scholars get together and have dinner while watching a documentary related to global environmental issues.
- Skill sharing workshops, community, and social events: The Sustainability Scholars are notoriously creative when it comes to bringing food for potlucks. There are many group social events throughout the year; some are planned while others are more spontaneous. Scholars also organize practical skill-sharing workshops, attend Ann Arbor community events, and support each other's sustainability initiatives.
- Connect on Social Media: Twitter and Facebook