Besides the coursework, scholars participate in a variety of activities together outside of class, including:
- Fall Retreat: Participation in the Graham Scholars Program officially begins with a sustainability leadership and systems thinking orientation retreat each August. Please reserve this on your calendar: the last Tuesday and Wednesday of August. All junior scholars are expected to attend. The agenda is packed with discussion, outdoor activities and team-building among the cohort, including a vegetarian dinner cook-off competition (photo from the competition, right).
See: What to pack.
- Optional Winter Retreat: All junior and senior Scholars are welcome to attend a winter retreat. Groups gravitate to the U-M Biological Station year after year.
- Learn From Sustainability Professors and Practitioners: Throughout the academic year, scholars are invited to talk with and learn from sustainability leaders in the area through informal discussions.
- Engage with Graduate Students: Through events and small group discussions.
- Summer Internships: Many Scholars take advantage of summer internships - opportunities are posted on social media.
- Workshops, community, and social events: There are many group social events throughout the year; some are planned while others are more spontaneous. Scholars also organize Ann Arbor community events, support each other's sustainability initiatives, get together for dinner and go to movies.
- Connect on Social Media: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook