Besides the coursework, scholars participate in a variety of activities together outside of class, including:
- Retreat: Participation in the Graham Scholars Program officially begins with a sustainability leadership and systems thinking orientation retreat each August. All Scholars also have the option to attend a winter skiing retreat at the U-M Biological Station.
- Coffee with Sustainability Practitioners: Throughout the academic year, scholars are invited to talk with and learn from sustainability leaders in the area through informal discussions.
- Dinner & Documentary Nights: Each month during the winter semester, the Scholars get together and have dinner while watching a documentary related to global environmental issues.
- Pot-lucks, skill share workshops, and community events: The Sustainability Scholars are notoriously creative when it comes to bringing food for potlucks. There are many group social events throughout the year; some are planned while others are more spontaneous. The end-of-the-year potluck is always a great way to send off the graduating seniors. Our holiday dinner gathers the community prior to the start of exams. Scholars have also independently organized practical and creative skill-sharing workshops, attend Ann Arbor community events together, and support each other's sustainability initiatives.
- Connect on Social Media, via Twitter and Facebook