Application Deadline: 3:00 pm EST February 16, 2018
- STUDENTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION ONLINE HERE
- Students should notify their reference letter writers well in advance of submitting their application.
- Reference letters are confidential and are submitted separate from applications, by 3:00 pm February 20, 2018
- Award notifications: mid-March 2018
- All applications will be handled confidentially
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone : (734) 615-8230
Required Application Materials
- Two personal statements
- A short essay
- Two recommendations (one from a U-M instructor)
- A resume and a transcript (including Fall 2017 grades)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is recommended. Anyone with a GPA below 3.0 will not be considered
Submit a Compiled Document: Items 1-5 below should be uploaded as a single PDF file by the applicant
- A statement of no more than 250 words, describing how this program would complement or enhance your studies and professional goals, and how your acceptance would contribute to the program.
- A short, critical thinking essay (no more than 250 words) answering the following question: “In what ways does fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community affect pathways to sustainability?”
- Transcripts of all undergraduate coursework must also include your Fall 2017 grades. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- A brief resume or curriculum vitae describing your: (a. Educational background; (b. Professional experience; (c. Major awards and honors received; (d. Membership in organizations as applicable; and (e. Outreach and volunteer efforts, especially those related to sustainability.
- We want to know what excites your curiosity about sustainability. Please describe in 250 words or less a project that would answer a sustainability question that intrigues you.
- Names and contact information for two people. One person must be a U-M faculty member or someone who has taught the applicant at the college level. Contacts will be asked by the Graham Institute to submit confidential recommendation letters.
Applications will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Academic qualifications;
- Previous experience related to sustainability;
- Personal statements and letters of recommendation, as reviewed for sustainability leadership potential; and
- Desire for diversity and interdisciplinary balance in the cohort.