With climate change increasingly affecting individuals’ day-to-day lives, interest is growing in the personal and household adaptation behaviors that people can engage in.
See the Full Article
Carman, J., & Zint, M. (2020). Defining and classifying personal and household climate change adaptation behaviors. Global Environmental Change 61.
Highlights of this article:
- Personal and household behavior is a growing climate change adaptation strategy.
- A systematic literature review identified behaviors researchers consider adaptive.
- Personal and household adaptation behaviors are classified into eight types.
- A comprehensive definition of personal and household adaptation behavior is proposed.
- Adaptation research should consider both personal and systemic effects of behaviors.