Sustainability Education & Research Resources
The University of Michigan Graham Sustainability Institute systematically integrates talents across U-M schools, colleges and units, and partners with external stakeholders to foster collaborative sustainability solutions at all scales.
See the opportunities below to engage with us across research, education and campus programs.
Also see: Faculty affiliates
- Emerging Opportunities for interdisciplinary faculty teams collaborating to solve real-world problems
- Water Center supports Great Lakes and estuary science, restoration and protection efforts
- Sustainability Experts Database is a searchable database of 800+ experts, make sure you are listed
- Michigan Journal of Sustainability translates science for practitioners and policymakers
- Dow Sustainability Fellows Program spans master’s, doctoral, postdocs, distinguished awards
- Undergraduate Sustainability Scholars is a campus-wide sustainability honors program
- Sustainability Course Listings, let us know if we’re missing yours
- Planet Blue Ambassadors is an educational program about U-M campus sustainability goals which offers faculty, students, and staff certification for what they've learned.
- The Sustainability Cultural Indicators Program (SCIP) provides a wealth of information and data regarding the sustainability knowledge, attitudes and behaviors of U-M faculty, staff and students.
New Initiative Support
As part of our mission to cultivate sustainability leadership through transformative learning, the Graham Institute continually seeks to support innovative ideas brought to us by U-M faculty, including these examples of new initiatives we've supported:
- The Michigan Environmental Crimes Project: The Graham Institute supported more than 100 Michigan Law students in developing a searchable database of EPA-investigated criminal pollution prosecutions. The project documented environmental crimes to, hopefully, help society avoid repeating them in the future.
- Engineering Sustainable Systems (School for Environment and Sustainability & Engineering Dual Master's Degree): The Graham Insitute helped build momentum for this dual-degree master's degree program during its first three years (2007-2009) by providing scholarships to attract top performing students.