The FY2018 Transformation cycle is now closed
The submittal deadline has passed, and proposals are under review.
Transformation grants support collaborative research and assessment projects lasting from one up to two years at up to $100,000 per year. Project teams must include researchers from multiple disciplines and must work with an external partner from government, industry, or non-governmental organizations to identify actionable options to advance sustainability.
How to Apply
The FY18 Transformation Grant cycle has closed. The following information is available for reference only. Submit materials through the online application system, and provide all elements described in the Transformation Grant Request for Proposals (RFP). After the letter of intent (LOI) deadline has passed, use the unique URL provided in your LOI submission confirmation email to access the online system and submit your full proposal.
- January 29, 2018 - Letter of intent deadline (required)
- March 12, 2018 - Proposal deadline
- Late April 2018 - Award announcement
- Transformation Grant RFP (PDF)
- Transformation Grant Budget Template (Excel)
- Transformation Grant Timeline Template (Excel)
- Proposal Approval Form (Word)
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to review this Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) document - last updated March 9, 2018. Check back for additional updates.
- View the presentations from the Sustainability Funding & Networking Event held September 25, 2017