FY2019 Winter Catalyst proposals are under review
Catalyst Grants are offered in the fall and winter for short-term, small-scale projects that either support collaborative sustainability research planning and partnership development, or enhance the real-world application of sustainability research.
These grants are intended to help better define an issue or decision maker needs, gather resources, develop partnerships, and determine next steps for larger projects that connect research to action. They can also be used to extend and apply existing research by developing outputs that support decision-making or action.
How to Apply
Proposals are under review, and no additional proposals are being accepted at this time. The following information is available for reference only. U-M faculty from the Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint campuses are eligible to serve as Principal Investigator (PI). Submit materials through the online application system accessible via the unique URL sent in your LOI submission confirmation and provide all elements described in the Catalyst Grant Request for Proposals (RFP).
- February 11, 2019 - Letter of intent deadline (required)
- March 18, 2019 - Proposal deadline
- Late April 2019 - Award announcment
- Catalyst Grant RFP (PDF)
- Catalyst Grant Budget Template (Excel)
- Catalyst Grant Timeline Template (Excel)
- Proposal Approval Form (Word)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) - This document is updated as additional questions are received. Last revised March 5, 2019.