The FY2019 Fall Catalyst cycle is closed
The proposal deadline has passed, and proposals are under review.
Catalyst Grants are offered in the fall and winter for short-term, small-scale projects that either support collaborative sustainability research planning and partnership development, or enhance the real-world application of sustainability research.
These grants are intended to help better define an issue or decision maker needs, gather resources, develop partnerships, and determine next steps. They can also be used to extend and apply existing research by developing outputs that support decision-making or action.
How to Apply
The proposal deadline has passed. The following information is available for reference only. U-M faculty from the Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint campuses are eligible to serve as Principal Investigator (PI). Submit materials through the online application system accessible via the "Apply" link on this webpage, and provide all elements described in the Catalyst Grant Request for Proposals (RFP).
- October 8, 2018 - Letter of intent deadline (required)
- November 12, 2018 - Proposal deadline
- Late December 2018 - Award announcment
- Catalyst Grant RFP (PDF)
- Catalyst Grant Budget Template (Excel)
- Catalyst Grant Timeline Template (Excel)
- Proposal Approval Form (Word)
FAQ & Information Session Presentation
- Frequently Asked Questions document (PDF) - Last updated 10/22/2018
- Catalyst Grant Information Session Presentation (PDF) - Presenter notes in comments