The FY2019 Winter Catalyst cycle is open
To submit your proposal, use the unique URL sent to you in your LOI submission confirmation email
Catalyst Grants are offered in the fall and winter for short-term, small-scale projects that either support collaborative sustainability research planning and partnership development, or enhance the real-world application of sustainability research.
These grants are intended to help better define an issue or decision maker needs, gather resources, develop partnerships, and determine next steps for larger projects that connect research to action. They can also be used to extend and apply existing research by developing outputs that support decision-making or action.
How to Apply
The deadline for LOIs has passed. Only teams that submitted an LOI may submit a proposal. U-M faculty from the Ann Arbor, Dearborn, and Flint campuses are eligible to serve as Principal Investigator (PI). Submit materials through the online application system accessible via the unique URL sent in your LOI submission confirmation and provide all elements described in the Catalyst Grant Request for Proposals (RFP).
- February 11, 2019 - Letter of intent deadline (required)
- March 18, 2019 - Proposal deadline
- Late April 2019 - Award announcment
- Catalyst Grant RFP (PDF)
- Catalyst Grant Budget Template (Excel)
- Catalyst Grant Timeline Template (Excel)
- Proposal Approval Form (Word)
- A Frequently Asked Questions document (PDF) will be availabe soon and will be updated as additional quesitons are received.