The Dow Sustainability Fellows Program at the University of Michigan, made possible by Dow and U-M, supports full-time graduate students who are committed to finding interdisciplinary, actionable, and meaningful sustainability solutions on local-to-global scales. The program prepares future sustainability leaders to make a positive difference in organizations worldwide.
Dow Fellows Program leaders are committed to continuous program improvement and student success. Leaders provide Fellows with professional development, guidance, tools, and templates to ensure success in project planning, outcomes, and impacts. Students learn to focus on practical applications of sustainability projects in collaboration with their clients and build impact measures directly into the project scope.
Key programmatic elements
- Every Dow Fellow joins a project team
- Each Dow Fellow receives personal funding, and every project team is awarded funds to support their group's engagement with clients and stakeholders
- In many cases, diversity-focused community partnerships benefit underserved populations
- The program builds on the U-M commitment to interdisciplinary research and engaged learning
- Dow Fellows leverage the breadth and depth of scholarly expertise on climate protection and circular economy across U-M
The Dow Sustainability Fellows Program is the largest corporate fellowship program at U-M. Thanks to the Dow Company Foundation’s generosity, we can continue to provide a transformative learning experience for graduate students across U-M, who comment every year on how much the Fellows Program means to their careers and personal development.
BEC - Dow Fellows Program extended through 2023
U-M Record - Fellows Program Extended through 2023
2020 Annual Report: Dow Fellows Program